Aldis Hodge as the Black Panther?!

For those of you who missed it Aldis Hodge has expressed interest in playing T’challa The Black Panther recently in the always rumored Black Panther Movie. In an Interview with The Examiner the actor was asked if he favored a particular comic book series. his answer:

Growing up I was a fan of Black Panther and X-Men comic books. I was also a huge Batman fan. There’s recently been a little buzz online about Marvel pushing for Black Panther, and I’ve been in love with the idea for years. I want the fans to know that the one role I really want to play is Black Panther. I grew up loving the Marvel world, and grew up on martial arts. I still train. When Black Panther came around, he was almost like an African American Batman.

Now that was months ago but twitter “Insider” Roger Wardell who allegedly has the inside scoop upcoming Marvel movies, now claims:

“Aldis Hodge is currently on Marvel’s radar.”

Lets file this one under the rumor mill since the Black Panther movie has not even been announced yet and was skipped in favor of “Guardians of the Galaxy”. Who is Aldis Hodge?

Aldis Hodge, 25, is best known for his Alec Hardison role on the TNT Leverage TV series, which landed him a Saturn Award nomination for Best Supporting Actor in Television. He has also appeared in Supernatural among many shows. And he currently has two films, The East and Lives of the Saints, in production.

[Source: Comicbookmovie and Twitter]

10 thoughts on “Aldis Hodge as the Black Panther?!

• September 5, 2012 at 1:01 am

This brotha definitely has the look. If he can pack on about 15 pounds of muscle, he is perfect for the role.

• September 5, 2012 at 5:13 am

Would love to see him as T’Challa,but i don’t believe Marvel has the will to produce a film about a Black hero who isn’t some White guy’s sidekick.

• September 5, 2012 at 5:18 am

There is still so much racism in USA cinema industry ?

• September 5, 2012 at 6:32 pm

Unfortunately you’re probably right. They’ll do a movie about the falcon playing step and fetch it for Captain America before they do a strong Black superhero character like Black Panther. It would be nice to have it wrong in this case though.

• September 10, 2012 at 4:22 pm

I’m not sure if this is true or not, but it seems likely. I was at a screening of “Item 47” at a film festival in Los Angeles last week and I’m pretty sure I saw him talking to the Marvel guys in the lobby. Gotta tell you, after seeing him in person, he looks like T’Challa. Somehow Marvel found the right guy for that role!

• September 10, 2012 at 4:50 pm

Yes Aldis definitely has the look. Get him to pack on 15-20 pounds of muscle, have Christopher Priest write the script, let John Singleton direct give them a budget of about $150M and we have a winner!

• February 16, 2013 at 2:07 am

He’d be perfect for T’Challa but unfortunately it won’t be anything close to the DVD.potentually you’re talking about a all black cast in prominent rolls and fighting against either western racist trying to take over an advanced,unconquerable african nation or a big black man in a white gorilla suit.Dont forget they already said that they wouldn’t be able to build a wakanda set and that’s with the current technology with green screens and all the previous visual movies like lord of the rings.I think we know how this is gonna go,white writers,white directors,white washed!

• Pingback: Morris Chestnut……Black Panther Mystery | WorldofBlackHeroes