Anthony Mackie On the set as Falcon

These images have been making the rounds online since yesterday but I was so underwhelmed I went to bed, woke up, went to work reviewed Batwing #20 etc. Now I’m posting this simply for those who missed it, when I heard Mackie would appear in Captain America Winter Soldier as Falcon I was underwhelmed. Now that we have these shots of him in action my enthusiasm has fallen even more. So without much of anything here are those pictures of Anthony Mackie as “The Falcon” in the upcoming Captain America: Winter Soldier

[Source: spinoff.comicbookresources.com]

Caribbean born college lecturer, Multidisciplinary specialist/Androgogue/Philosophical Pedagogue; founder/CEO of World of Black Heroes, freelance writer and all around comic book geek. I enjoy a good book, video games, movies and most of all fatherhood. Written credits include work for Islandstage.net, Comicvine, Independent comics etc.

0 thoughts on “Anthony Mackie On the set as Falcon

• May 4, 2013 at 3:32 pm

I have never liked ANthony Mackie as an Actor. Especially when he has become a token among films.

• May 4, 2013 at 11:09 pm

I can not believe Marvel choose the Falcon over Black Panther. Hell, I can not believe a tree and a raccoon are going to get the movie treatment before Black Panther. SMH!

• May 5, 2013 at 6:37 am

I agree but I’d prefer no Panther Movie then a half ass movie with a weak story and half ass effects, they might make just to shut us up. Remember how they killed the Blade series ? Bad CGI and bad plots. I thought Snipes was going to sue.

• May 5, 2013 at 12:54 pm

Agreed. I remember reading somewhere that Marvel said it wouldn’t be feasible to adapt Wakanda for the big screen. Yeah right! With today’s technology they could definitely knock Wakanda out of the park. They of course mean that the budget for a Black Panther movie would be so little that rendering Wakanda would be impossible. Le sigh.

I just happened upon your website and I like it. I’m now reading Dusu 🙂

• May 5, 2013 at 8:36 pm

Why is it they ruin black series/comics/movies so much?!

• May 6, 2013 at 1:02 pm

Sorry I’m not going to jump on the haters’ bandwagon. Do get me worry I am not a Falcon fan but these are just behind the scene shots from the movie. I will wait until the movie come out then make my decide. Beside Marvel Productions have not made a bad movie yet.

• May 9, 2013 at 7:29 pm

(World Of Black Heroes, for some reason I couldn’t reply to your question and so I posted my reply separately)

The artwork is beautiful; each page looks like a painting. And I like that Dusu and the rest of the Galemren actually look African. Often in comic books characters of non-Caucasian ethnicities are drawn with the exact same features of Caucasian characters with the only difference being the shading of their skin. The story is definitely fantasy inspired. The Asunda creation lore is obviously inspired by Tolkien’s “Lord Of The Rings”. The Galemren could, in fact, be cousins of LOTR woodland elves (lol).

I wonder if the character names have real world significance? Especially the names “Dusu” and “Waso”. The human protagonist Dusu is constantly belittled by his adopted Galemren brother Waso. The names “Dusu” and “Waso” are actual African locations: Janka Dusu, Nigeria and Waso, Congo. I did some Google searches and couldn’t discover if there exists a history of enmity between the two nations. Who knows?!

I also noticed the switch in the hero-villain dynamic. In most works of fantasy the good-guys are invariably pale-skinned whereas the villains tend to posses sufficient amounts of melanin (read: black). LOTR is a fantastic example; the elves were as white as can be and the Uruk-hai were dark. I noticed in Dusu: Path of the Ancient the raiders where white men. Lol.

So far I’m enjoying the comic and look forward to the remaining issues.

• May 17, 2013 at 1:05 pm

I never liked the falcon, he has no super powers, but he is important when it comes to the legacy of Captain America. I personally want a Black Panther movie…but I want the Jungle action comics Black panther not the Jack kirby 70’s black panther. And I would loe to see him in the Avengers, personally I would prefer to see him fight the Fantastic four first, but we know that can’t happen at this point since Fox still owns the right to FF. I hope Marvel uses S.H.I.E.L.D to develope other marvel heroes so that by the time they hit the big screen we don’t need orgin stories. Or start to do short films that screen before the feature length films to introduce new characters….Black Panther,Dr. Strange,Ms.Marvel ect.