Ishmael (Character)

Mr. Ishmael

Created by: Bob Hall

1st appearance: Shadowman #26, 1993

Nationality: Unknown

Team Affiliations: None

Legal Status: Unknown

Weight: 210 lbs    Height: 6’

Eyes: Brown        Hair: Black, later white

Relatives: Unknown

Skills and abilities: Professional assassin.

Powers: While technically Ishmael possesses no superhuman powers, he has the innate ability to throw any projectile with deadly surgical accuracy and precision thus he has developed the uncanny ability to use virtually any object as a deadly weapon. He can kill a person with simple objects such as a pebble, paper, feathers and even hair. Ishmael’s aim makes him an expert in the use of conventional projectile weapons (firearms, throwing knives etc).

He sees killing as an art form preferring to use ordinary objects and turn them into killing devices.

Biography

Hired by a man known only as Papa Napolean to take pictures of Shadowman. With his task complete he was given the job to assassinate him. During Mardi Gras in New Orleans he wore a parrot costume and succeeded in fighting off Shadowman and running him through with a pipe. Leaving Shadowman for dead he met back up with his boss who let him know Shadoman was still alive. He infiltrated the Hospital in which he was and there learned his secret identity and escaped once more. Killing all of Napoleon’s men he vowed to kill shadowman.

He showed up again at Jack’s club to “listen to some music”. Jack tracked him down and they fought but split up when gun men arrived. Next he captured a friend of jacks and they fought on a ship. They were evenly matched and oil spilled on the ship’s deck. Ishmael accidentally caused a spark with a chain seemingly resulting in his death.

Ishmael survived however though with severe burns all over his body. Nettie healed him in exchange for his services.

0 thoughts on “Ishmael (Character)

• September 13, 2012 at 5:10 am

I don’t really like this kind of power but I guess it’s kind of popular anyway

• September 13, 2012 at 5:20 pm

What?!?!?How can you not LOVE this ability????? I mean killing someone with a paper airplane? How sweet is that?!? Anything at hand is a weapon, even a paperclip! i’d LOVE to have this skill!

• September 13, 2012 at 10:20 pm

so ^^ it iS popular.

Me, I would prefer a plant power like Poison Ivy for example.

• September 13, 2012 at 10:23 pm

Okay I’ll give you that. Making vines strangle people would be more awesome than being able to kill with anything at hand. But still..a paper airplane?!? I just want you to admit how insanely cool that is! LOL!

• September 13, 2012 at 10:33 pm

That’s quit cool o_o’ Please don’t kill me with a paper airplane ! I’m a nice personn , just want a family and the love of my plants <3

• September 13, 2012 at 10:36 pm

LOL! I am now at peace. You may go water your plants now. Make sure they get lots of sun. LOL! Seriously, nice meeting you..stay peaceful.

• September 13, 2012 at 10:48 pm

I hope, Poison Ivy would have someday a black version : black skin, green hair.

I know there is cosplay picture posted here, they are quit cool !

• September 13, 2012 at 10:51 pm

That would actually look pretty sweet. You should drop a line to DC, maybe they’ll do a new, Black, Poison Ivy.

• September 13, 2012 at 11:09 pm

Do you think they would listen to me ?

Well, at least, I can draw something just for pleasure

• September 13, 2012 at 11:11 pm

I think they would, yes. You’ve noticed the massive push they have made lately to have more miniroty characters, so it couldn;t hurt to pitch them. And if you can do art with that pitch, so much the better. Go for for it! The more Black heroes and villians, the better!

• September 13, 2012 at 11:25 pm

you’re right, I’ll go for it !

After all, they did really well with the new black skin Aqualad you posted images of !!

• September 13, 2012 at 11:28 pm

LOL! I didn’t post those, that was this sites owner, but yeah, give it a shot. maybe show some of your Ivy artwork here too.

• September 15, 2012 at 5:32 pm

Have you gotten your pitch ready for DC?

• September 15, 2012 at 11:33 pm

Well, not ready right now. got some difficulties with the coloring on Photosop.

• September 15, 2012 at 11:34 pm