Black Vulcan (Character)

Team Affiliations: Super Friends

Legal Status: Unknown

Height: 6’3                Weight: Unknown

Eyes: Brown                 Hair: Brown

Relatives: Unknown

Skills and abilities: Unknown

Powers: He had the ability to generate electricity from his body, usually directed through his hands. He could also transform his body or portions of his body into pure electricity to fly or move at accelerated speeds.  These accelerated speeds allowed him to escape a black hole and even travel through time.

Biography

Created for and used on the super friends TV show when they couldn’t use Black Lightning due to disputes between dc comics and Black Lightning creator Tony Isabella. He was created to add diversity to the otherwise pure white cast of the super friends TV show. He would eventually be replaced by Cyborg a more established Black Superhero from DC comics.

Recently he was seen in an alternate time in DC one Million and a version of him was on Justice League Unlimited.

Caribbean born college lecturer, Multidisciplinary specialist/Androgogue/Philosophical Pedagogue; founder/CEO of World of Black Heroes, freelance writer and all around comic book geek. I enjoy a good book, video games, movies and most of all fatherhood. Written credits include work for Islandstage.net, Comicvine, Independent comics etc.

9 thoughts on “Black Vulcan (Character)

• April 13, 2014 at 4:39 am

Always liked this one . Thank you for the posting.

• April 13, 2014 at 4:40 am

Always liked this character Thank you for the post

• May 30, 2014 at 4:03 pm

Yea I always thought of Black Vulcan was the original lightning bolt super hero & Black Lightning was the replacement but I love the character as well..

• May 30, 2014 at 3:59 pm

Black Lightning? Is that you…. Or Static Shock in cosplay

Haha..

• Pingback: The Top 50 Black Superheroes! | WorldofBlackHeroes

• October 14, 2015 at 10:07 am

I love black Vulcan. I just got my black Vulcan costume made this year and I can’t wait to wear my costume on Halloween night.Black Vulcan is my favorite and my inspiration. I wear my costume proud in honor of buster Jones.

• October 14, 2015 at 10:15 am

I’m glad people are talking about black Vulcan . I just wish black Vulcan had his own action live tv series like arrow and flash tv series. I think channel 6 cw should take this in consideration.or have black Vulcan in a movie. Like shaquille as steel and Halle berry as catwoman.

• October 14, 2015 at 10:24 am

That’s why I’m wearing my black Vulcan costume. Cause I want to be the black Vulcan. But no one could ever replace buster Jones aka the real black Vulcan.people seen my pictures of me as black Vulcan and say that I look like him. If you look up JarrietFair on Facebook. You will see my black Vulcan costume.. and judge for yourself. Women say that they love my costume and that black Vulcan has cute legs for a super hero.. I think I will win a prize for best costume I can honestly hope.

• October 19, 2016 at 7:40 am

I TOO WOULD LIKE TO SEE A REBOOT OF BLACK VULCAN(SHOULD BE VULTAN) AND ALTHOUGH HIS POWERS ARE SIMILAR TO BLACK LIGHTNING, HE CAN TRANSFORM TO PURE ENERGY,(AT LEAST PART OF HIMSELF), WHICH MAKES HIM MORE POWERFUL THAN BLACK LIGHTNING. IT WOULD BE INDEED AWESOME IF HE WERE BROUGHT BACK…………ALL WE NEED IS AN ARTIST ANA DREAM.